DEUTSCH Announces Strategic Acquisition

NEW YORK, January 2, 2008

Deutsch, a leading manufacturer of electrical connectors for the Industrial Vehicles, Mil Aero, Transportation and Oil & Gas markets, announced today that it has entered into a strategic arrangement with WESCO International Inc. where Deutsch has acquired a 60% ownership of WESCO’s LADD operations for approximately $75M. LADD is engaged in the distribution of specialized “heavy-duty industrial connectors” and has been the exclusive distributor of Deutsch connectors in the United States for over 20 years. In 2007, LADD achieved annual sales of approximately $100M. Deutsch and WESCO will work together to further penetrate the existing customers in the specialized heavy-duty connector market, and to accelerate growth in new market segments and new products.

Under the terms of the agreement, Deutsch and WESCO will operate under a joint venture agreement whereby Deutsch owns 60% of LADD Industries, and is entitled, but not obliged, to acquire the remaining 40% at any time after the second anniversary of the date of closing.

« back

© 2012 2012 Imcon Electronics, s. r. o., Bož.Němcové 1, 66451 Brno-Šlapanice; Czech Republic
tel. +420 545 234 440; fax. +420 545 233 169; e-mail: